Comment on page
Layout Manager for Dummies
The layout manager in Astroid is one of the core engines that drives Astroid and it can be cumbersome at times with so many options. We will use this tutorial to simplify it and go through all the available options. In the above image, you can see different colors and numbers representing settings for different areas in the Layout Manager.
- 1.Hold the icon to move the section up or down in the layout manager.
- 2.Edit the section-level settings.
- 3.Duplicate the section.
- 4.Delete the section.
- 5.Add a new section adjacent to the current.
- 6.Restructure the number of columns in the current section.
- 7.Edit the column-level settings. (Number 7 is for column-level settings)
- 8.Edit the element settings.
- 9.Duplicate the element.
- 10.Delete the element.
- 11.Add a new element inside the current column.
- 12.Add a new row below the current row.
- 13.Duplicate the row.
- 14.Edit row Settings.
Astroid is structured in the following way:
- Sections (You can have unlimited sections)
--Rows (Inside each section, you can have unlimited rows, rows stand vertically inside a section.)
---Columns (Inside each row, you can have a maximum of 12 columns, this is based on the standard bootstrap Grid system, Columns are horizontal containers.)
----Elements (Inside each column you can have unlimited elements, elements stand vertically inside the column.)
Animations, Custom Background options & Responsive settings are available for sections, columns and elements.
You can move elements within the columns. You can move columns within the section. You can move sections within the layout.
- 1.Section level settings Custom classes, ID and layout overrides Custom colors
- 2.Row Level Settings Custom classes & ID
- 3.Column level settings Custom classes & ID Custom colors
- 4.Element level settings Custom classes, ID (module position (for module position element only)).
4 types of elements
- 1.Component (Core Joomla, non-repeatable)
- 2.Messages (Core Joomla, non-repeatable)
- 3.Banner (Astroid Feature, non-repeatable)
- 4.Module(s) (Core Joomla, repeatable)